Become A Sidney Artist
How to Show Your Work at the Sidney Art Gallery
Consigning your art
The Sidney Art Gallery features works of original art and prints in all media, as well as pottery, metal work, glass work, sculpture, wood, mixed media, paper and fiber. Artists exhibiting their work must be members of the Sidney Museum and Arts Association. The Art Gallery Committee reviews each application, and the accompanying documentation, including an artist’s statement, background, exhibitions, gallery representation, education, awards, etc. along with at least six digital images of their work, price list and three physical items representative of your work. Please call the Sidney Art Gallery at 360-876-3693 to set up an appointment. You can download the application form and the membership form here.
FAQ – Becoming an Artist at the Sidney Art Gallery
What are the requirements to be a member artist and show your work at the Sidney Art Gallery?
An artist that wants to show their work at the Sidney Art Gallery must submit
- the application
- at least six digital images of their work, including the name of the piece, medium, price
- three physical items representative of your work for evaluation by the Art Gallery Committee
- profile, including artist’s statement, background, exhibitions, gallery representation, education, awards, etc.
After acceptance by the the Art Gallery Committee what happens?
The Art Committee will contact the artist. After acceptance, the artist must
- become a member of the Sidney Museum and Arts Association
- maintain the annual membership
- agree to receive a 67% commission (75% if you volunteer one day a month) on price of items
- agree to the terms of and sign a consignment agreement.
What are the ongoing requirements to be an artist at the Sidney Art Gallery?
To be an active producing artist,
- rotating work in the gallery in a timely manner
- for original framed art work, every 90 days;
- for prints, cards, etc. at least semi-annually
- participating in a one or two person exhibit of new work as a Featured Artist once every 12 to 18 months
- keep the Sidney Art Gallery up to date on address changes
What types of artwork are accepted by the Sidney Art Gallery?
The Sidney Art Gallery features works of original art as well as prints in all media, as well as pottery, metal work, glass work, sculpture, and wood work.
What are the benefits of being an artist at the Sidney Art Gallery?
The benefits of membership with SMAA and displaying your work at the Sidney Art Gallery are:
- Being represented at a 50+ year old art association
- Showing your work at the only building in Port Orchard to receive National and state historic designation
- Receiving 67% of the sales price for your work (or 75% if you volunteer at the Sidney Art Gallery from time to time)
- Exposure of your work to a national audience
- The opportunity to be featured/listed on our website, Facebook, and other social media
- The opportunity to be a featured artist for one month
- The opportunity to participate in themed and open shows during the year.
- A quarterly newsletter sent to the membership that provides information on current shows, and events of the Sidney Art Gallery, the Sidney Museum and the Log Cabin, fundraising and other special events.