47th Annual Student Art Show
Graduating seniors are eligible to apply for the Tony Nelson Visual Arts Scholarship.
Art needs encouragement and appreciation. We have a huge responsibility to include art in students’ lives. Children are often unaware of their talent and the bliss of creating something when they are young. By organizing art shows, we believe we it can help students to discover their hidden talents or try something they have never seen or tried before. Art shows contribute a lot to the total development of the student. The thing with art is that the more it is appreciated the more the artist will be encouraged to do better and learn more. Organizing a show to display students’ amazing artwork is a great way to appreciate the student’s skills and encourage them to enhance those skills.
March 2024 – The Sidney Museum and Arts Association’s 47th Annual Student Art Show at the Sidney Art Gallery in Port Orchard will showcase work by students from the 6th through twelfth grades. Beginning March 5, and ending on Friday, March 29th Student work will be on display. The reception is scheduled for Saturday, March 16th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm and students are encouraged to attend with friends and family. Postcards advertising the event are available for students to send to family and friends. This year any student from 6th grade through high school in Kitsap or Mason County are invited to attend whether their school is participating or not.
Rules & Regulations
Bring in artwork – February 26 – March 3, 2024
Hanging date: March 4th
Show – March 5 – March 29
Reception: Saturday, March 16, 1pm to 4pm
Take out Dates: March 29 – March 31, 2024
Fill out online form below the rules.
Call the Sidney Art Gallery at 360-876-3693 for open days and times during the week. We are open Saturday, 10 am to 4 pm; Sunday 1 pm to 4 pm.
Kitsap and Mason County students in the middle schools, high schools and home-schooled students in the sixth through the twelfth grades are eligible to enter the Sidney Museum and Arts Annual Student Show.
Any type of artwork: watercolor, pencil, pastels, oil, acrylic, pottery, photography, sculpture, video, animation, etc. is welcome
Entries must be dropped off by the instructors (or parent/guardian) at Sidney Art Gallery & Museum, 202 Sidney Avenue, Port Orchard, WA 98366 by the submission date, along with an Entry Form for each student.
Each entry must be submitted in ready-to-display condition, with a label attached to the upper right corner of frame or base of three-dimensional piece showing name of artist, type of media, title of piece, price or NFS.
Digital media (video, animation, and other entries that require a screen) should be in a sealed envelope that is clearly labeled with the same information. Ready-to-display condition is defined by the following guidelines:
• Physical entries on paper or similar media must be mounted on board and/or matted. Pieces will generally be hung using push pins in the corners. If framed, framed work must be wired with screw eyes and wire.
• Images created digitally must be printed out on appropriate paper and conform to the above rules for flat entries.
• Entries on canvas or any other form of fabric must be on a stretcher or frame and wired for hanging.
• Free-standing sculptures must not need any support from wires or braces. All pieces must be suitable to be placed on a pedestal. No pieces will be displayed on the floor.
• Video, animation, and other entries that require a screen to be viewed may require that the proper viewing equipment be provided by the entrant for display in the show. The entrant may be required to set up the display personally in order to be included. Entrants will be contacted if this is necessary.
Any questions or concerns about these rules or any other matter pertaining to the Art Show should be referred to Luella Hauenstein or Christine Stansbery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Show Registration Form
Student Show Entry Form - 2024