Helen Norris Open Art Show - Conditions of Entry
To enter, please fill out the Helen Norris Open Art Show Application. If you open it in Adobe it is fillable. Please make an appointment to bring it and your artwork to the Sidney Art Gallery from April 24 to April 30 during regular business hours. You can call 360 876 3693 or 360 876 7726 or email smaasidney @ gmail.com.
The conditions of entry are:
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Limit two entries per artist. Completed labels must be attached to back upper right hand corner of framed pieces and the base of three dimensional work.
- ENTRY FEE: $10.00 PER ENTRY. Check payable to SMAA or pay with Paypal
- All hanging artwork must be suitably framed or wrapped canvas and ready to hang with wire. Note diptych art counts as two pieces. Any dirty or damaged entries, saw tooth hangers or work deemed too fragile will not be accepted.
- Work must be original, no more than two years old, and NOT have been previously exhibited in a juried show in the South Kitsap area.
- Framed work maximum size allowance approximately 48 inches x 48 inches and weigh no more than 30 pounds. Note diptych art must encompass 48 inches x 48 inches including the space in between.
- Entries must be priced with intent to sell. Any entry obviously overpriced will not be accepted. Sidney Museum and Arts Association will be responsible for all sales and collection of money.
- Commission of 33% charged on all sales (unless you are a member and a volunteer). All work accepted for exhibition must remain until end of show. SMAA will mail checks for amount of sale minus commission and tax by July 15, 2021.
- Sidney Museum and Arts Association assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to submitted entries. Every precaution will be taken.
- Sidney Museum and Arts Association reserves the right to not exhibit any entry. Due to COVID, as guidance from the state changes, we will adjust the schedule accordingly.
- Oils, Acrylics
- Watercolor and Sumi-e
- Drawing (Pastels, Pen & Ink, Charcoal, Pencils, and Scratchboard, etc.)
- Photography, traditional and digital
- Mixed Media* (Batiks, Etchings, Collage)
- Mixed Media*- 3D (Pottery and Sculpture, etc.)
*Any entry that is a mix of the first four categories will be considered Mixed Media.
Each Category First Place: $50
First place winners show at the January 2022 Winners' Circle Show at the Sidney Art Gallery.
Judge's Choice Award: $50
2nd Place, 3rd Place and Honorable Mention: Ribbons
Overall: The People’s Choice Award: $50
Every participant will receive a special commemorative celebrating the 50th anniversary.